Thursday 9 April 2020

Doing Nothing

I lay on the couch,
With blank expression,
And head longing for little sleep,
Doing nothing,
On this warm lazy day.

I stare at the ceiling,
Not completely plain white,
With thin cracks ,
That looks like wrinkle lines,
On a lady ageing naturally.

The couch is cozy,
Making  me even more lazy,
Though I have piles of work in process,
I m in no mood to start.

Soft breeze from the fan,
Blows on my face,
Making me relaxed,
And extend my break,
From tedious workload .

I drown into thoughts momentarily,
About work , life and future,
But come back instantly ,
To zone of  tranquility,
Living every moment at the present .

I still have few minutes ,
To do nothing,
And think nothing,
Except lie on the couch,
And enjoy the moments,
Of doing nothing,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmer’s pride

The farmer stares, At open skies, Hopelessly searching, For fluffy thick clouds. To his dismay, The sky is blue, The sun is out, Shining sha...