Sunday 20 December 2015

That Night

The sweet smile
mixed with bitter sadness while
I walk past;
with future uncertain
waiting across the street;
so colourful and bright
that night

It's Saturday night;
time to unleash
the free spirit;
the people sing
as they enjoy their last drink

It seems like wildest dream;
walking on this street;
passing the dancing strangers;
drunk with memories
of that night

The humid weather;
melts the artificial colour
on my skin
as I try to get away
from the sweaty crowd

Music is playing
from the cheesy pub;
as I watch the dancing couple;
celebrating romance
while reminding me past
of that careless night
where I kissed my dead lover
one last time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmer’s pride

The farmer stares, At open skies, Hopelessly searching, For fluffy thick clouds. To his dismay, The sky is blue, The sun is out, Shining sha...